Potter the Otter has a tasty water recipe to share that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. Lemons and oranges found in this recipe make water taste great — especially for young kids. Lemons provide a little zing while the oranges add a citrus flavor and a bonus of vitamin C. Flavored lemon-orange water is also a great way to encourage your children to drink more water during play or with meals.
- 1/2 orange
- 1 – 4 slices of lemon, depending on your family’s preferences
- Water (filters or from the tap)
- Cut the orange into small wedges and slice the lemon.
- Place sliced fruit into a water bottle or water pitcher. be sure to alternate fruit slices so the fruit is mixed evenly.
- Fill bottle or pitcher with water. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the fruit to infuse the water.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator once you are ready to serve.