With 5 ingredients and a little prep time, Potter the Otter’s Avocado Smoothie just might become your child's new favorite! This smoothie also makes a delicious anytime snack, especially during the summer.
- 5 minutes
What You’ll Need
- ¾ cup low-fat milk or soy milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- ½ cup ripe avocado (about half an avocado), peeled and pitted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ice
- Pinch of salt, if desired
- ¼ cup frozen berries such as strawberries or blueberries
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- ¼ frozen banana
- Add all the ingredients and any add-ins to the blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie mixture is too thin, you can always add a bit of unsweetened yogurt or more avocado.
- If the smoothie mixture is too thick, add more milk.
- Pour mixture into glasses and enjoy. Fresh is best but this smoothie will last for about a day in the fridge, too!
Avocados are full of fiber and healthy fats. Be sure to give them a try! What’s your family’s favorite avocado recipe? Let Potter know below.